Dr. Udipi has had a successful industrial career spanning over 30 years.
During this period, he has worked in and has led projects in such wide ranging areas as biomaterials, drug delivery, polymeric coatings, implantable polymers, polymer syntheses, polymer blends and alloys among others.
BIOPOLYMER DESIGNS CONSULTANTS
Mechanical, electrical and/or biological performance of a medical device depends to a large extent on the polymer employed in its fabrication. BIOPOLYMER DESIGNS, INC . provides you with a range of services to solve your polymer related problems and help you select the right polymer to meet your challenging needs.
Read Full Professional Profile
- Over 30 years industrial experience in various aspects of polymer chemistry
- Exceptionally broad range of expertise in areas such as biomaterials, drug delivery, polymeric coatings, chemical modification of polymers, anionic and free radical polymerizations of polar and non-polar monomers, polymer alloys and blends, reinforced polymer systems, glassy and crystalline polymers.
- Inventor/co-inventor of 48 US and scores of foreign patents
- Appointed to the position of Distinguished Scientist at Medtronic CardioVascular in recognition of technical contributions and leadership. (Second Distinguished Scientist at Medtronic CardioVascular and seventh in Medtronic Corporation)
- Co-inventor of the BioLinx Polymer System for Resolute, Medtronic next generation drug eluting stent
- Speaking engagements at international polymer and biomedical conferences as a member of the faculty
- Appointed to the position of Senior Science Fellow at Monsanto in recognition of excellence in science, contribution to businesses and international reputation (less than 1% of the scientists at Monsanto attain this position)
- Gold medalist, University of Bombay, India
- Distinguished Alumnus of the Year Award, Bombay University Department of Chemical Technology, November 2012
- Fellow, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering
- Society for Biomaterials, Technology, Innovation and Development Award, 2014
- Member, Scientific Advisory Boards